Chief Financial Officer
Invasys is an R&D company specialising in providing governments with security technology aimed at preventing terrorism, insurgency and organised crime. We produce mission critical hardware and software used in the most demanding environments and focus on extensive in-house research & development in the area of mobile phone and satellite communication. Despite growing we embrace the small-company flexibility spirit. We offer our customers tailor made solutions and at the same time make Invasys an interesting place to work where each team member influences the process.
You will be the primary financial advisor in a tech company about to scale-up and make sure the company makes sensible decisions regarding tax, cash-flow and investments.
As a key member of the management team, you will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have oversight of all financial planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, compliance and investor relationships.
Currently the tasks amount to about a 50% position and the CFO can entertain other professional activities as long as there is no conflict of interest.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Budget preparation – leading the preparation process of the annual budget of the company:
- Budget supervision – adjusting the company’s accounting system to the company’s budget, and performing periodic tracking of Actuals vs. Budget, with projections.
- Management reports – preparing periodic reports for management and presentations to the board of directors. These reports include: Balance sheet, P&L, cashflow and any other required reports.
- Analysing budget implications on the company.
- Participate in decision-making and its implementation in the company budget.
Management of company accounts – working with external accountants and auditors to ensure the correctness of the company account and the financial reporting:
- Responsibility for timely and accurate monthly closing procedures, while take ownership of the development with the objective to improve cooperation and limit risk
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls, financial procedures and adequate approvals
Management of compliance activities – ensure that the company is fully compliant with all relevant laws and regulations:
- Working with external legal counsel to review contracts and agreements
- Oversee in-house export manager to ensure compliance with export and customs regulations, including being responsible for the correct functioning of the Internal Compliance Program
- Establish a risk mitigation strategy to avoid litigation, where possible
- Coordinate all inspection activities from authorities
Management of financial exposures – management of the company’s liquid assets including:
- Cash flow exposure
- Currency exposure analysis, as applicable
Financial operations management – management of financial operations with the bank:
- As needed, negotiations with banks on the terms of account management and monitoring the implementation of the agreements
Investor relations (IR):
- Responding to shareholders’ inquiries (Q&A)
- Report(s) preparation
- Reporting to shareholders and board of directors
- Meeting with shareholders and board of directors
- Assist in efforts to raise additional private financing where required
Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO & management team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations:
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Coordinate development and monitoring of yearly Business Plan in tandem with CEO
- Establish all relevant procedures and internal regulations within the responsibility of the CFO
Qualifications & Requirements
- BA in Accounting or Finance; MBA is considered an advantage.
- 10+ years’ experience in a corporate environment involving finance and management.
- Experience from tech or defence company is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of law and legal concepts in business, including instructing external legal counsel, is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of Czech business operations, Czech business regulations and interaction with Czech authorities.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Certification as accountant is considered as an asset.
- Very good spoken and written communication skills in Czech.
- Good spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Citizen of an EU country.
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact Invasys for an informal discussion.