Linux Systems Engineer
Invasys specialises in providing our government customers, such as police and intelligence services, with investigation tool. We focus on in-house research & development in the area of mobile phone and satellite communication.
During the last 4 years we have grown from 25 to 70 people and aim to grow some more over the next two years. Our offices are in a newly constructed building with possibly the best view in Brno. The work environment is flexible, something which helps create a pleasant atmosphere.
Our philosophy is to give smart people freedom to solve tasks as they see most fitting.
The position in context
Invasys has a project-oriented structure and delivers both standard and customised solutions. Our engineering teams, supported by a creative and innovative team of scientists, work hard to deliver solutions the market has not yet seen.
We need to reinforce our DevOps team with a Linux Systems Engineer. The team consists of about four people with different backgrounds. You will be working closely with researchers, developers (SW and HW), production and test & validation. We can promise you a very interesting, yet challenging job.
The person we are looking for is creative and not afraid to do think outside the box but knows the value of a structured and predictable work environment.
Tasks and responsibilities
As part of the team:
- Maintain and develop Linux OS for our products
- Adapt Linux OS to new HW components (both internally developed and COTS)
- Improve the product stability, security and maintainability
Qualifications & Requirements
You can probably say “yes” to most of the following:
- Good knowledge of Debian based (Ubuntu) Linux systems
- Experience with installation packages and processes
- Knowledge of a scripting language (Bash / Python)
- Knowledge of Ansible
- 2+ years’ experience as Linux System administrator or similar position
- Experience with containers (Docker)
- Knowledge of networking (IPv4, IPv6)
- Citizen of a NATO/EU country (can get security clearance if needed)
email@example.com / +420 603 811 339