Product QA Engineer
Invasys specialises in providing our government customers, such as police and intelligence services, with investigation tool. We focus on in-house research & development in the area of mobile phone and satellite communication.
During the last 5 years we have grown from 25 to 70 people and aim to grow some more over the next two years. Our offices are in a newly constructed building with possibly the best view in Brno. The work environment is flexible, something which helps create a pleasant atmosphere.
Our philosophy is to give smart people freedom to solve tasks as they see most fitting.
The position in context
Invasys has a project-oriented structure and delivers both standard and customised solutions. Our engineering teams, supported by a creative and innovative team of scientists, work hard to deliver solutions the market has not yet seen.
A Product QA Engineer is responsible for functional and operational correctness of a product, process consistency and repeatability, documented state of the product and its processes. A Product QA Engineer clears software product releases for publication, based on clearly stated acceptance criteria (risk based).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing and reviewing of test plans, test designs and system test specifications
- Preparation and updates of product documentation and user manuals
- Cooperation on system requirements specifications
- Release test, SAT, FAT protocols and validation of software and hardware components
- Handling customer bug reports, provide appropriate solutions and coordinate resolutions with other departments
- Analysing, designing and developing automation test environment
- Creating test guidelines, promoting and educating colleagues and teams on automation, ensure that test automation is used to its maximum technical potential
- Producing test coverage reports, product quality test statements, and acceptance protocols
Qualifications & Requirements
You can probably say “yes” to most of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or related fields
- A thorough understanding of a software development cycle, software release processes, software testing and QA, and of basics of production/manufacturing QA
- Understanding of the Linux OS concept
- Experience with Testlink or other test management tools, Git/GitHub/GitLab or Jira
- Previous experience with designing automated test/QA procedures (2 years)
- Organized and proactive
- Available for occasional international travel
- Understanding IP networking
- Prior experience in Information Security, mobile testing, Linux programming
- Any experience with radio / mobile network components
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Accurate and detail-oriented mindset
- Good communication, verbal and written, in Czech and English
firstname.lastname@example.org / +420 603 811 339