Invasys specialises in providing our government customers, such as police and intelligence services, with investigation tool. We focus on in-house research & development in the area of mobile phone and satellite communication.
During the last 5 years we have grown from 25 to 70 people and aim to grow some more over the next two years. Our offices are in a newly constructed building with possibly the best view in Brno. The work environment is flexible, something which helps create a pleasant atmosphere.
Our philosophy is to give smart people freedom to solve tasks as they see most fitting.
The position in context
Invasys has a project-oriented structure and delivers both standard and customised solutions. Our engineering teams, supported by a creative and innovative team of scientists, work hard to deliver solutions the market has not yet seen.
Tasks and responsibilities
Your primary task will be practically oriented research based on experimenting with software defined radios, mostly USRP from Ettus Research. You will be part of a small team experimenting with mobile networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G) using open-source stacks and exploring expected (or unexpected) behaviour of both mobile networks and phones. Most experiments are on Layer 2 and Layer 3 of the mobile network communication protocols (authentication, call establishment, handovers, etc.).
Qualifications & Requirements
You can probably say “yes” to most of the following:
- Technical university education (MSc. or Ph.D.)
- Very good skills in C/C++ programming and prototyping
- Experience with Ettus software defined radios
- Ability to prototype and experiment (Bash, Python, C/C++)
- Basic knowledge of analytical tools (e.g. Wireshark)
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Basic knowledge of mobile devices (Android, iOS)
- Basic knowledge of IT security
- English at communicative level (at least B2)
firstname.lastname@example.org / +420 603 811 339